The Mandible Claw Episode 3, Pt. 1: Mmmmmm, American Males

15 Mar

van daminator

Oh hey, it’s a bonus podcast! This week’s podcast went so well (read: Brandon and I have a lot to say about stuff and couldn’t keep it to a reasonable length), we decided to split it up. In this episode, we review half of the contenders in the With Leather Bad Wrestling Theme Lyrics March Madness Tournament. Secrets are revealed, Buffs are stuffed, and at one point I literally stop breathing because a set of lyrics is so hilariously terrible. If you’re into temporary asphyxiation, this may not be the website you’re looking for. But if you’re super into hearing me sing part of Rob Van Dam’s theme song, that’s kinda specific, but it’s your lucky day! Don’t be a ham-and-egger, click on that podcast link!

The Mandible Claw Episode 3, Pt. 1: Mmmmmm, American Males

About these ads

11 Responses to “The Mandible Claw Episode 3, Pt. 1: Mmmmmm, American Males”

1. Brandon Stroud March 15, 2013 at 9:29 am #

A couple of notes:

1. I recorded this when I was SUPER, SUPER tired so I said a few things wrong.
    2. When I said “self-defeating” I meant “self-fulfilling”
    3. When I said “delusions” I meant “dispersions”

Please forgive. (fourth note: I am so in love with this podcast.)

2. Jesse Robert Powell (@Jessico09) March 15, 2013 at 9:43 am #

I am also so in love with this podcast. Brandon and Danielle 4 Life. And also, love the Tears for Fears reference.

3. alopezb5 March 15, 2013 at 10:41 am #

I WANT TO GO TO THE LUCHA FARM!

I bet Max Mini is there…

• alopezb5 March 15, 2013 at 2:52 pm #

I’m not exaggerating when I say this may be the greatest podcast ever. EVER!

• Jesse Robert Powell (@Jessico09) March 15, 2013 at 4:12 pm #

Amen to that (great Raichu pic, by the way)

• alopezb5 March 15, 2013 at 5:31 pm #

Thanks! Raichu is my favorite of all the Pokeymans. He looks ready to take on the world. “I am Raichu, hear me roar!” is probably what he is saying in this pic.

(although really all we would hear is “Raichu-Rai, RAICHU!”).

4. Ari March 15, 2013 at 11:09 am #

Pausing to say that BikerTaker is my favorite Taker, too. I don’t remember when it was or who he said it to, but at one point, BikerTaker promised to kick his opponent’s “stank ass.” I was pretty much a fan since.

Gonna listen to the rest now!

5. nieljacoby March 16, 2013 at 2:04 am #

I’m having a lot of trouble finding a usable podcast RSS feed for this podcast, and since I do pretty much all of my podcast listening from my phone, that’s a big problem. I hope you iron this out in the future, but for now, I’m content with just downloading it from the site. Keep up the good work.

• nopan tsdance April 14, 2013 at 6:06 pm #

yes, me too.

6. thejohnnyrook March 18, 2013 at 9:21 pm #

Your description of the American Males as two guys trying to be the same guy from Color Me Badd is when I had to stop listening at work. That’s the most I’ve laughed all day. Thanks for that. And thanks for this podcast. And I also love Biker Taker the most. He was so great. My cousin and I still reference a Kane and Taker exchange from that period. It was the “Where ya goin’ Take?” “To the rang.” bit. That still cracks me up so much. And am I remembering wrong or did Kane carry Taker’s tobacco at some point?

7. Bret G March 20, 2013 at 10:52 am #

I am not sure if this is the kind of feedback I should just keep to myself, but I listened to this for a bit and while I enjoy your guys’ banter, talking about wrestling theme lyrics isn’t really the content I’m looking for. I’m still reading and will listen to future podcasts, so I’m just putting this out there as a data point I guess!