11 Mar
Photo Credit: Texas Anarchy

Photo Credit: Texas Anarchy

This week Brandon and Danielle are joined by Texas’s native son Jojo Bravo. We learn about some strange, heretofore unheard of Canadian customs, what makes the Big Boss Man so special to Jojo, and to never, e-e-e-ever bring up the 1998 American version of Godzilla. Also, there may or may not be talk of a certain wrestler’s affinity for intimidation via butt-cape. Confused? Intrigued? A little peckish? Get your fill at the link below!

The Mandible Claw Podcast, Episode 2

Podcast Visual Aids after the jump…

air sex

Comedian Yamina Khouane, above center, judges The Air Sex Championships alongside Brandon and Jojo

flair 3flair

Woo!

Muhammad Ali vs. Antonio Inoki – June 26th, 1976

SPACE GODZILLA

17 Responses to “The Mandible Claw Podcast, Episode 2: The Stars at Night are Big and Bright Deep in the Heart of Space Godzilla”

1. alopezb5 March 11, 2013 at 10:11 am #

Best way to start my Monday morning, thank you!

2. Kevin Newburn (@KevinNewburn) March 11, 2013 at 11:14 am #

Another great episode. One question though, where can I subscribe to the Jojo Brabo podcast? That guy is fantastic.

• Kevin Newburn (@KevinNewburn) March 11, 2013 at 11:15 am #

Bravo! not Brabo, lousy fat fingers.

• Brandon Stroud March 11, 2013 at 11:18 am #

You can subscribe to Jojo by attending any and every show he’s a part of, because he is so great. You can subscribe on iTunes by telling people on the Internet that Jojo Bravo is great.

3. bonerlulz March 11, 2013 at 11:36 am #

The female Ric Flair cosplay is, umm, amazing.

• Brandon Stroud March 11, 2013 at 1:03 pm #

seconded

• Stacey March 11, 2013 at 3:17 pm #

I give all the +Rhodes. Danielle and I need to do some prograps cosplay some day :)

• themandibleclaw March 11, 2013 at 6:15 pm #

Thanks!

Dressing as Ric Flair gives you the most insane amount of confidence. Like, you put on the suit, and then the glasses, and then that belt, and you’re ready to take on the world, make it your wife, then swiftly divorce it.

4. Ari March 11, 2013 at 2:57 pm #

1) Amazing RIc Flair cosplay!
    2) I’m disappointed there were no Nathan Jones jokes made when y’all started talking about the man from the Tyra show who wanted to make his own breast milk.

• bonerlulz March 11, 2013 at 5:00 pm #

I like Nathan Jones jokes, but the only I would ever think of is just reposting lyrics to the Supremes song.

5. Jessica Hudnall March 11, 2013 at 9:26 pm #

Really liked the podcast. Jojo likes Inoki, Fry and Masakatsu Funkai, so I’m all about that. Would have liked more Diamante Danielle, though.

6. Rich Wisneski March 12, 2013 at 11:31 am #

Oof, I’m setting myself up for trouble here.

I gave the Mathew Broderick Godzilla one criteria to get a pass. If they got the roar right, I’d let it slide. They got that much, so I do not share your esteemed guest’s vitriole.

To put it in perspective, when you go to see any work of Shakespeare performed by, an elementary school, you grade them on a different scale.

I do not claim that it is good, by any stretch, but I do not hate it.

I am happy that you enjoyed “Final Wars” because I love that movie. I love Godzilla going on a pan global monster stomp, for no reason. I love that M. Bison is Norm Macdonald’s Burt Reynolds, and refuses to speak the Japanese he clearly understands. I love the nonstop fan service. And I love the Ru Paul esque/Dennis Rodman pimp character as a representative of “New York”.

Plus the old “He doesn’t know his dog” scam on live tv. Well done lady.

• WakaBlizzard March 12, 2013 at 9:38 pm #

Ferris Beullers Godzilla can kiss my ass. Now and forever.

• Rich Wisneski March 13, 2013 at 8:03 am #

For bad remakes, it isn’t as bad as The Avengers (British), or Soul Plane.

For bad Mathew Broderick remakes, it isn’t as bad as Inspector Gadget.

No one expected it to be good, but Hank Azaria got a pay check, and the “French guy’s hate our breakfast” bits weren’t awful.

It’s weak, and Godzilla isn’t supposed to be an iguana. But I’m more offended by Godzilla losing to King Kong, than I am by this movie.

We can all agree that Sean “Poofy” Combs “song” was an abomination.

7. PhilBallins March 14, 2013 at 12:07 am #

Danielle, Brandon, great job as always. Are you guys gonna put the podcast up on iTunes? That’s always my go to for podcast gettin, but if not I’m sure I’ll just continue downloading it here to get my fix.

8. Bret G March 19, 2013 at 8:50 am #

This was great. To do right away: watch some Anarchy Championship Wrestling and some Godzilla movies.

9. @christrew.com# (@christrew) March 23, 2013 at 5:18 pm #

I cannot believe Jojo Bravo said Jack’s beard is better than mine. Does he not understand that if I WANTED his beard I could HAVE it while he cannot ever handle what it takes to grow mine? Good podcast but man am I frustrated.